Job posting For Operations Assistant at the Grace Jollymore Joyce Arts Centre
The Operations Assistant is responsible to ensure the smooth operations of the Arts Centre with a main focus being performances on the main stage and the outdoor Senator Stage. This position works closely with and will be supervised by the Creamery Square Arts Society. Hours of work may include evenings and weekends.
As Operations Assistant you will be required to assist the Technician in the operation of sound and lighting for performances and may be called upon to deal with a wide range of technical issues.
- A working knowledge of techniques, methods and procedures of theatre, dance, and music productions and presentations
- Knowledge of computerized lighting systems
- Assists with set and stage construction and management
- Appropriate safety precautions and procedures
- Operates, maintains and safeguards the technical assets of the theatre, including the use of lighting, sound, communications equipment, and the use and maintenance of stage facilities.
Tasks of the Operations Assistant include:
- Recruiting, training, and assignment of volunteer or paid staff for the centre.
- Greeting visitors, conducting tours, selling/taking tickets, merchandise
- Opening and closing building
- Responsible to ensure the cleanliness of building and restocking supplies
- Ensuring security of building
- Orients facility renters and visiting productions to safety, technical characteristics and other areas of facility operations; facilitates the use of the technical facilities by the resident company and others engaged by or renting the facility.
- Research the attitudes and opinions of the public as relates to the Centre and its offerings.
- Write, edit and produce newsletters, brochures, direct marketing pieces and other printed and electronic material.
- Organize and/or promote events , and ticket sales
- Oversee the archiving of all press clippings, video clips, radio tapes and photo library.
- Maintain and update the website and social media, or work closely with the person who does this.
- Research and solicit sponsorship
- Post-secondary degree or relevant experience that supports arts management with a proficiency in Excel and Word software packages.
- Standard First Aid & CPR certification
- The ability to lead and motivate a team of volunteers by providing a positive work environment is required.
- A strong desire to work with patrons, and have an enthusiasm and sensitivity for handling patron needs and concerns
- Candidates are required to possess excellent communication, interpersonal and problem-solving skills
- You have the ability to work effectively in a team environment but can also work independently as needed. You possess an aptitude for attention to detail.
- A good knowledge of Tatamagouche and surrounding areas.
Position commences mid-May until end of August 2016.
Recognizing that diversity – in our workplace, in our audiences and on our stages – fosters a rich and creative environment; we welcome applicants with disabilities and are committed to accommodating them throughout the hiring process. We encourage all qualified applicants to provide a resume and cover letter in a Word document format.
Send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org by May 24, 2016. Offering $11.25 per hour.
Summer Student applicants must be currently enrolled in a full time educational institution and must be intending to return to full time studies for the fall season. Candidates selected for the position may be required to submit reports to the funders as part of their employ.
We thank all applicants who apply; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Third Thursday Series
Open to all. Free to attend.
A monthly open presentation on a variety of photographic subjects.
The Third Thursday Series begins at 7:00pm on the third Thursday of each month, all year round.
This Thursday, May 19 at 7pm:
Current Work: Themes and Process with Roxanne Smith.
Please join us at the gallery on Thursday, May 19 at 7pm where ViewPoint member Roxanne Smith will be giving a talk about the themes and process of her recent work. http://www.roxannesmith.ca/
ViewPoint Gallery, 1272 Barrington St. (at Morris), Halifax.
The Annapolis Valley Decorative Artists are hosting three, 1 day seminars on June 3 / 4 / 5 with well known Canadian artist Lydia Steeves.
Friday June 3–“Little Pekoe” –a cute sitting cat–acrlyics
Sat. June 4 –Chipmunk drinking from a bird bath– Pencil Palette
Sun.June 5— Snowy Owl in the Artic Sky—Pencil Palette
The cost is $80.00 per day. All seminars will be held at the Greenwich Fire Dept. Hall in Greenwich (just west of exit #11, from Hwy #101)
For further information or sign up please contact:
Lighthouse Awareness Art Show & Sale
We’re working to save our local lighthouses.
Artbomb is a daily online art auction featuring carefully curated works of art from artists across Canada
Preview of the Week Ahead
Bidding is open every day, 6am – 11pm EST (3am – 8pm PST). Works are delivered ready to hang.
I have some Stevenson Acrylic Paints for sale.
*All are 1.125L wide mouth jars.
All Stevenson Acrylic Paints are rated as “Professional Artist Quality” and are manufactured with 100% acrylic emulsion. The pigments used in their manufacture are composed of traditional inorganic and modern organic pigments, all possessing a high degree of lightfastness. Only high-strength, permanent pigments are used in their formulation.
They are quick-drying, flexible, non-cracking and compatible with most other brands of acrylic paint. These heavy-bodied paints can be thinned with acrylic mediums or water, to produce watercolour or smooth, colour-field effects. When applied straight from the tube or jar, brush strokes are easily retained and strong, sharp, impasto effects achieved.
List of available paint for sale. Prices incl tax: plus free shipping. All are 1.125L wide mouth jars.
Permanent Alizarin Hue: qty 1 ~ $72
Titanium White :qty 1 ~ $33
Iron Oxide Black:qty 2 ~ each $33
Cadmium Red Middle:qty 1 ~ $108
Transparent Yellow Oxide:qty 1 ~ $53
Cadmium Yellow Deep:qty 1 ~ $81
Phthalo Blue/Green: qty 1 ~ $46
Phthalo Cerulean Blue: qty 1 ~ $46
If interested in purchasing.
Please contact Justine Kerr.
This summer Baddeck is undertaking FESTIVILLE BADDECK. This will be held on 5 Mondays beginning in July and ending in October. The dates are: July 4, July 25, Aug 8, Sep 9 (Labour Day) & Oct 10.This event will be a celebration of Nova Scotia, featuring artisanal products, food, musicians, entertainment including but not limited to buskers, choirs, face painting, sidewalk art and much more.This will take place on Monday evenings from 5PM to 9PM on Chebucto Street which is the main artery in the Village of Baddeck.
Participation in the FESTIVILLE BADDECK can take place in a variety of ways. We are looking for applications to participate as Vendors in the FESTIVILLE. The cost of participating is $200 for all 5 dates or $50 per date. This will secure a table where you can set up your product for sale. We anticipate over a thousand visitors on each of the above mentioned dates. The focus on Nova Scotian culture, art and food will be an incredible draw to this event.
Participation can also take place through sponsorship of the event. Obviously there will be costs associated with marketing, promoting and facilitating the event. Sponsorship will aid in the success of the FESTIVILLE. Sponsors will be recognized throughout the area during the event. Volunteers will also be required to assist with the execution of the activities.
Should you be interested please contact Iris Kedmi no later than June 4th @ 1-902-818-8504 or via email email@example.com.
On behalf of the Organizing Committee