Sherbrooke Village Artist’s Painting Camp
Monday, August 10th to Thursday, August 13th, 2020
Are you isolated, or quarantined, or bored and looking for a new adventure during these strange days. If so you might want to consider my Private Organic Songwriting sessions online. I have been using the Organic Songwriting Method with my audiences at smaller venues for almost 5 years now and have wanted to take it online. NOW seems the right time! So if you or anyone you know (12 and older), is interested in a private songwriting adventure contact me privately thru messenger. PLEASE SHARE and CLICK link below for more Songwriting Session info, song samples and more at http://jimhenman.com/?p=2862
If you are interested in taking part in the Organic Songwriting Sessions drop me an email at email@example.com or contact me thru messenger. ~Jim Henman
A great ART CHALLENGE with PRIZES (see below) for young people who are on an extended March Break!
Follow me @ Christopher Webb – Visual Artist on Instagram or Facebook. Create your best work of art. Put in on Facebook or Instagram (yours or with the help of a parent or guardian you can use their acct) and simply tag me along with your first name, age, where you are from and what your image is all about!
3rd: $100.00 gift certificate to an art supply store near you!
2nd: You and I will do an art exchange…I’ll send you a watercolour and you’ll send me a piece!
1st: I’ll visit you at your school (wherever you are) and meet you in person, do an art lesson with your art class…and talk to your school! I’ll also bring some fun things along with me for you and your friends!
Hi Friends! PLEASE SHARE and let’s get the word out to try and engage our young people in making great art this ‘extended’ March Break! If you have children or grandchildren…encourage them to take some time to CREATE!
about the event
The National Oil & Acrylic Painters’ Society (NOAPS) invites oil and acrylic painters from all across North America and International Artists to apply to our exhibit honoring the Best in oil and acrylic painting.NOAPS has been showcasing the talents of oil and acrylic painters since 1991.
- This is an INTERNATIONAL juried online competition open to ALL artists 18 years of age and older working in Oil and ACRYLIC medium. Both members and non-members of NOAPS may apply.
- 150 Artworks accepted into the show and eligible for awards
Here is a link to the information
- Current 2020 membership is NOT required before entering the Spring Online International. However, we do welcome your Membership. Click the Membership Link at http://www.noaps.org/join-us
Deadline for Submissions extended to April 19th
Sashiko for Beginners
Focus on perfecting your stitching form and structure. Practice methods for establishing and perfecting Sashiko style stitching. Finish up by applying your new skills to mend your much loved garments and impress everyone with your creativity!
The course provides:
– Access to step by step videos, with close up shots for all the details (its the equivalent to a 2 day weekend course)
– Learn over 10 different hitomezashi stitches
– Get my master list of my favourite tools, and where to buy them
– Free stitching guides
– Download templates
– Lifetime access with unlimited updates
– Streaming videos can be played anywhere on any device or download to keep on your hard drive
– Content is yours to keep forever
Now is the perfect opportunity to learn something new, mend and beautify your clothes, and benefit from the mindfulness stitching provides.
Here’s what others think about the course “It’s very well done, your explanations are clear and concise, it’s a good pace and your voice is so pleasant to listen to. I really appreciate being able to see exactly what you’re doing and if necessary do a review as needed. I’m enjoying the close-ups, the tips, those important little bits of information that can get forgotten when one is processing new information and focusing on a new stitching skill at the same time. “
Artist | Curator | Educator
2020 Ground Rules Exhibition
May 25 – June 27 @ The Centre, Cape Breton Centre for Craft and Design, Sydney NS
September 19 – November 15 @ Saint Mary’s University Art Gallery, Halifax NS
CALL FOR 2021 EXHIBITION PROPOSALS
Deadline: MARCH 31, 2020
The Lunenburg Art Gallery, a vibrant community gallery with 150 Members,
invites individuals and groups to submit proposals for the 2021 exhibition year.
Click HERE for our Submissions Form.
Click HERE for Inventory Form.
- Description of Proposed Exhibition
- Description of any special support / display requirements
- Current Artist Bio in PDF format with contact information including phone #
- Up to 5 hi-res JPG images of recent work, each clearly labeled with artist’s name, title, date, medium, price and dimension of each work
- Our Exhibition Committee will evaluate submissions based on the suitability of your art to our market, to others being considered in the show, and other shows selected for our season. Feedback is not provided. Don’t be discouraged if we decline your submission. We receive and review many attractive submissions. Try again next year.
We will enjoy reviewing:
- Two- and three-dimensional original art, film, digital, installation. Challenge us! Excite us!
We won’t consider you:
If you submit reproductions, giclees, works not original to you, works over five years old
If you have a paid exhibition space or a gallery in Lunenburg at the time of application or during the year of your intended show
If submissions contradict the values of the Gallery.
The fine print:
We retain a 30% commission on all sold art
INSURANCE on your art is YOUR responsibility.
Print the form, complete it, scan and send to Elise Walmsley, Exhibitions Chair at firstname.lastname@example.org
Or Mail to: Lunenburg Art Gallery, att. Exhibitions Submissions,
PO Box 1418 Lunenburg NS Canada B0J 2C0
Please click on the course title for all the details. You’ll be directed to the Parrsboro Creative website where you can read all about it and complete your registration.
FRIDAY TO MONDAY, MAY 15-18, 2020 SOLD OUT
SATURDAY TO SUNDAY, JULY 11-12, 2020
SATURDAY TO SUNDAY, JULY 25-26, 2020 SOLD OUT
SATURDAY TO MONDAY, AUGUST 1-3, 2020
SATURDAY, AUGUST 8, 2020
FRIDAY TO MONDAY, AUGUST 14-17, 2020
SATURDAY TO SUNDAY, AUGUST 22-23, 2020
FRIDAY TO SUNDAY, AUGUST 28-30, 2020
SATURDAY TO MONDAY, SEPTEMBER 12-14, 2020
SATURDAY TO SUNDAY, OCTOBER 3-4, 2020
REGISTERING FOR COURSES
Pre-registration and payment is required to ensure you have a spot.
- If for any reason the course has to be cancelled, all fees will be reimbursed.
- If for any reason you wish to cancel prior to two weeks before the commencement of the course, the full fee minus a 10% service fee will be refunded.
- There will be no refund if you cancel within two weeks of the commencement of the course.
For more information go to www.parrsborocreative.com
Jean Pedersen, an award-winning artist and author of “Expressive Portraits: Creative Methods for Painting People”, will be in Shediac, NB this June for two workshops: acrylic and watercolour.
Do not miss this opportunity to learn from an artist whose practice includes people, still life, landscape and abstraction. Texture and mixed media are important in her wide-ranging skill set, as are unique approaches to transparent watercolour.
Jean will bring all her skills to your workshop experiences, encouraging you to take risks and work beyond your usual limits. Demos and personal attention play an important part in the Pedersen workshop experience.
Acrylic Workshop: June 2,3,4, & 5, 2020. Cost: $450.00
Watercolour Workshop: June 8, 9 & 10, 2020. Cost: $325.00
Space is limited – register soon!
To register or for more information, contact Grace Richard:
These workshops are sponsored by Cercle des Artistes des Peintres (CAPS), Shediac, NB
Well known Canadian artist Brian Atyeo will bring his unique approach to watercolour to Shediac, NB this September.
Do not miss this opportunity to learn from an artist whose demos are skilled and thorough and whose knowledge of watercolour is legendary. Brian’s personal attention to participants is second to none.
Brian will demonstrate traditional methods of transparent watercolour as well as non-traditional approaches including abstraction. He will focus on value and colour as they influence the development of your paintings. Participants will also receive one-one attention from Brian each day.
Brian will be in Shediac for a three-day workshop September 14, 15 & 16, 2020. Cost of the workshop is $325.00. Space is limited. Register soon!
To register or for more information contact:
Grace Richard: email@example.com
This workshop is sponsored by the Cercle des Artistes Peintres de Shediac (CAPS)