Call for Artists
The Winding River Art Gallery in Stewiacke, NS is currently seeking one core member and one consignment artist with 3-D artwork (eg. pottery, woodwork, carvings, etc). If you are a talented artist, looking for new venues and new challenges, then you may wish to send your submissions to us. We are interested in seeing your work. Please include the following information: Your bio (250 words max), four or five jpeg images (approximately 300 dpi each) of your work and your website (if you have one). For further information and to send your submission please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 902-883-8175 as soon as possible.
Call for Venues
Call for Beacon Projects
Call for Galleries and Community Groups
Information Sessions will be taking place on:
The Craig Gallery, Alderney Landing, Dartmouth. Thursday, May 19th, 2016 at 7pm
The Centre for Art Tapes, 2238 Maitland St, Halifax NS Wednesday May, 25th 2016, 7pm
Other important dates:
- Call for Venues Deadline is May 27, 2016.
- Deadline for Call for Beacon Projects is June 11 at 5 pm
- Deadline for Call for Galleries and Community Groups is June 24.
Opening Night kicks off on October 13 followed by the main event taking place on October 15.
For more informations contact email@example.com
Nous sommes fiers d’annoncer que Michael McCormack sera le commissaire du festival pour cette année et il a annoncé le thème de l’édition 2016 : MOTIVE.
Michael a été directeur de la galerie Eyelevel (Halifax, NÉ) pendant de nombreuses années avant de reprendre ses études d’art. Depuis, il a exposé ses œuvres à travers le Canada et a obtenu de nombreuses résidences d’artiste au Nouveau-Brunswick et dans le Yukon au Klondike Institute of the Arts et plus récemment au Centre For Art Tapes (Halifax).
Maintenant que nous avons notre thème de choisi, nous sommes prêts à ouvrir l’appel aux artistes! Vous pouvez trouver ces appels sur notre site internet et ci-dessous (en anglais seulement).
Appel aux lieux d’exposition (en anglais)
Call for Beacon Appel pour les projets Beacon (en anglais)
Appel à projet pour les galeries et les groupes
Des sessions d’information auront lieu les:
- Jeudi 19 mai à 19h à Craig Gallery, Alderney Landing, Dartmouth.
- Mercredi 25 mai à 19h au Centre for Art Tapes, 2238 Maitland St, Halifax NS
Quelques dates importantes:
Date limite de candidature pour les lieux d’exposition: 27 mai 2016
Date limite de candidature pour les projets Beacon le 11 juin à 17h
Date limite de candidature pour les projets galeries et communauté le 24 juin.
Strategic Arts Management (SAM) seeks an Administrative Intern for a full-time (30 hours per week), ten-week contract starting Monday, June 20, 2016 and ending Friday, August 26, 2016. The deadline for applications is Sunday, June 5, 2016.
For more information, please see the full posting at
Job posting For Operations Assistant at the Grace Jollymore Joyce Arts Centre
The Operations Assistant is responsible to ensure the smooth operations of the Arts Centre with a main focus being performances on the main stage and the outdoor Senator Stage. This position works closely with and will be supervised by the Creamery Square Arts Society. Hours of work may include evenings and weekends.
As Operations Assistant you will be required to assist the Technician in the operation of sound and lighting for performances and may be called upon to deal with a wide range of technical issues.
- A working knowledge of techniques, methods and procedures of theatre, dance, and music productions and presentations
- Knowledge of computerized lighting systems
- Assists with set and stage construction and management
- Appropriate safety precautions and procedures
- Operates, maintains and safeguards the technical assets of the theatre, including the use of lighting, sound, communications equipment, and the use and maintenance of stage facilities.
Tasks of the Operations Assistant include:
- Recruiting, training, and assignment of volunteer or paid staff for the centre.
- Greeting visitors, conducting tours, selling/taking tickets, merchandise
- Opening and closing building
- Responsible to ensure the cleanliness of building and restocking supplies
- Ensuring security of building
- Orients facility renters and visiting productions to safety, technical characteristics and other areas of facility operations; facilitates the use of the technical facilities by the resident company and others engaged by or renting the facility.
- Research the attitudes and opinions of the public as relates to the Centre and its offerings.
- Write, edit and produce newsletters, brochures, direct marketing pieces and other printed and electronic material.
- Organize and/or promote events , and ticket sales
- Oversee the archiving of all press clippings, video clips, radio tapes and photo library.
- Maintain and update the website and social media, or work closely with the person who does this.
- Research and solicit sponsorship
- Post-secondary degree or relevant experience that supports arts management with a proficiency in Excel and Word software packages.
- Standard First Aid & CPR certification
- The ability to lead and motivate a team of volunteers by providing a positive work environment is required.
- A strong desire to work with patrons, and have an enthusiasm and sensitivity for handling patron needs and concerns
- Candidates are required to possess excellent communication, interpersonal and problem-solving skills
- You have the ability to work effectively in a team environment but can also work independently as needed. You possess an aptitude for attention to detail.
- A good knowledge of Tatamagouche and surrounding areas.
Position commences mid-May until end of August 2016.
Recognizing that diversity – in our workplace, in our audiences and on our stages – fosters a rich and creative environment; we welcome applicants with disabilities and are committed to accommodating them throughout the hiring process. We encourage all qualified applicants to provide a resume and cover letter in a Word document format.
Send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org by May 24, 2016. Offering $11.25 per hour.
Summer Student applicants must be currently enrolled in a full time educational institution and must be intending to return to full time studies for the fall season. Candidates selected for the position may be required to submit reports to the funders as part of their employ.
We thank all applicants who apply; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Lighthouse Awareness Art Show & Sale
We’re working to save our local lighthouses.
This summer Baddeck is undertaking FESTIVILLE BADDECK. This will be held on 5 Mondays beginning in July and ending in October. The dates are: July 4, July 25, Aug 8, Sep 9 (Labour Day) & Oct 10.This event will be a celebration of Nova Scotia, featuring artisanal products, food, musicians, entertainment including but not limited to buskers, choirs, face painting, sidewalk art and much more.This will take place on Monday evenings from 5PM to 9PM on Chebucto Street which is the main artery in the Village of Baddeck.
Participation in the FESTIVILLE BADDECK can take place in a variety of ways. We are looking for applications to participate as Vendors in the FESTIVILLE. The cost of participating is $200 for all 5 dates or $50 per date. This will secure a table where you can set up your product for sale. We anticipate over a thousand visitors on each of the above mentioned dates. The focus on Nova Scotian culture, art and food will be an incredible draw to this event.
Participation can also take place through sponsorship of the event. Obviously there will be costs associated with marketing, promoting and facilitating the event. Sponsorship will aid in the success of the FESTIVILLE. Sponsors will be recognized throughout the area during the event. Volunteers will also be required to assist with the execution of the activities.
Should you be interested please contact Iris Kedmi no later than June 4th @ 1-902-818-8504 or via email email@example.com.
On behalf of the Organizing Committee