JURIED SUMMER SHOW OPPORTUNITY at Argyle Fine Art:
Call for Submissions closes July 12th, 2019. Show opens Saturday, August 10th at Argyle Fine Art, 1:30-3:30pm
PICNICS AND POTLUCKS
Summer time and late into the Fall is a time of year that Atlantic Canadians take to the parks, their backyards, cottages and get together to share food with one another at picnics and potlucks. Good cheer and recipes are shared. We’d love for you to bring your own ideas to this theme for our summer group show. It can be food based but not necessarily just that. We’re looking for unique works that capture the feeling of the season. All mediums will be considered. This is a juried show and as much as we’d love to include everyone, we have a limited space so have to make decisions on what will work best in our commercial space.
Artists may submit a maximum of 2 pieces.
- We ask that you have your works gallery ready (meaning a way to hang or display the works in a professional manner or when needed, framed)
- If you are working on paper it must be archival and framed or mounted. (ask us about options)
- Works done with materials such as charcoal and pastels must be fixed (ie sprayed) to protect the work.
- You can work in any medium you chose (ie watercolour, oil, graphite, etc.)
- We discourage the use of thin canvas or masonite boards as they are not easily wall mountable.
- Submissions must be new and not previously shown.
- To submit by email to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Your name
- Phone number and email address
- Titles of pieces and materials used to create the work
- Images in a jpeg format, titled as indicated below.
- Please title your image files as follows
- Last name, first initial, title of piece, number of submission
- Ex: McGuireC_GreenRoom01.jpg, McGuireC_BlueRoom02.jpg, McGuireC_PinkRoom03.jpg, McGuireC_OrangeRoom04.jpg, McGuireC_RedRoom05.jpg
SUBMISSION DEADLINE: Friday, July 12th, Midnight
If your work is selected by the jury you will be notified by phone or email the following week, after the deadline has closed to all. You will then be required to bring the work in person or by mail by on later.
- Pieces that are selected for the exhibition will be sold with a standard 50% commission to the gallery. Please keep this price in mind when creating your pieces.Prices will be determined between the artist and the gallery.
- If you are sending your work from away, note that you are responsible for the fee to ship it here and back to you, should it not be sold.
Please phone, email or drop in to the gallery if you have any questions regarding the show – 902.425.9456. Looking forward to seeing what you come up with!
From your pals at Argyle Fine Art,
Adriana Afford and Andre Dumont
1559 Barrington St, Halifax , NS