February 17 12:00 – 4:00pm
Modern calligraphy has become increasingly popular as it combines new and traditional tools to create a more free-form style of writing, maintaining the elegance of traditional calligraphy while allowing for more self-expression. In this workshop, students will receive detailed, hands-on instruction and learn the fundamentals of pointed-pen calligraphy – from nib preparation to basic strokes to letter and word formation.
Beginners welcome! All materials to be provided.
Cost: $80.00 plus $20.00 for materials.
Materials to be provided:
- Custom Name Tag w/Calligraphy
- S&S Alphabet Worksheets (6 pages) printed on HP Premium Choice Laserjet Paper
- S&S Blank Lined Worksheets (10 pages) printed on HP Premium Choice Laserjet Paper
- Nib: Zebra Comic G Model Chrome Pen Nib
- Pen Holder: Straight Manuscript Dip Pen Holder – Mahogany
- Ink: Kuretake Black Sumi Ink – Small Plastic Jar with Snap Lid
- Digital versions (PDF) of S&S Alphabet/Blank worksheets to be provided by email
Originally from Ottawa, Lisa MacPherson moved to Montreal to pursue a B.F.A. in Studio Art (2005) from Concordia University. She instructed art classes at the Visual Arts Centre in Montreal until moving to Halifax in 2012. After falling in love with East Coast she and her husband decided to stay. She found her way into the wedding industry in 2013 working as the Lead Design Consultant at a local boutique custom stationery shop. In 2017 she joined the team at Elegant Productions Planning and Design and co-founded Elegant Paper Co. In addition to her work with EP, Lisa keeps busy with her growing calligraphy business, Scribble and Script, and instructing art classes at NSCAD’s School of Extended Studies.