|Apply today to be an Artist in Residence
at Cape Breton Highlands National Park!Cape Breton Centre for Craft & Design, in collaboration with Parks Canada, is excited to present an Artist in Residence Program based in the spectacular Cape Breton Highlands National Park.
The program is open to Canadian and international professional artists working in any medium. Artists may apply for an autumn residency period, for a minimum of 4-6 weeks, from October 16 to November 25, 2017.
Cape Breton Centre for Craft & Design, along with its partners, offers a number of artist in residence opportunities in Sydney each year. Residencies at Cape Breton Highlands National Park are offered in partnership with Parks Canada. These residencies offer professional artists the opportunity to focus for a concentrated period for a minimum of 4-6 weeks on developing new projects, or to work on existing projects within quiet, natural surroundings by the Atlantic Ocean.
Applications are reviewed by a jury of internal and external arts administrators, artists, educators, and by representatives of the partner organizations.
- Open to all professional artists with an established exhibition history
- Open to artists working in any medium
- Artist honourarium, provided by Cape Breton Centre for Craft & Design
- Accommodation and workspace (three-bedroom house) located in Ingonish, Cape Breton Island, provided by Parks Canada
- Artists may apply to stay for minimum 4-6 weeks
- Some form of public access must be offered during the residency, in consultation with Parks Canada, e.g. open studio, slide talk, workshop
- Artists are responsible for their own transportation – a vehicle is highly desirable
To apply, please email email@example.com with the following information:
- Current CV, including up-to-date exhibition record
- 10 to 15 image or video files of current artwork (300 DPI)
- 500-word statement of interest, including a description of work to be carried out during the residency, what the residency will bring to your practice and what your perspective will bring to the program
- Description of public access to be offered during the residency
- Preferred length of stay (as per above)
Two artists may make a joint application, each submitting their own visuals and other information, if they are prepared to share the honorarium and living/working space. These are working residencies; family and friends cannot accompany artists.
Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Visit the Centre in person at:
322 Charlotte Street
Sydney, Nova Scotia