CALL FOR SUBMISSIONS: Alumni Biennial
CALL FOR SUBMISSIONS:
Underpinnings: Celebrating 130 Years of NSCAD Alumni
Exhibition: November 21st – December 2nd 2017 at the Anna Leonowens Gallery.
Opening Reception November 20th at 5:30pm.
ELECTRONIC SUBMISSIONS DUE: Friday, September 15th 2017
This year marks 130 years since Anna Leonowens first opened the Victoria School of Art in 1887. Always in a state of flux, NSCAD has maintained its reputation as one of the last century’s most influential art schools under many names, locations and presidents. NSCAD has provided the educational underpinnings for the studio practice of numerous significant Canadian artists, cultural workers, and creative thinkers.
For the 2017 Alumni Biennial the NSCAD Alumni Association invites alumni to reflect on the core values and pedagogy that have created the legacy for which NSCAD is known. We invite alumni to submit works that embody the physical and conceptual underpinnings of their practice that NSCAD gave them to build upon.
Alumni may submit up to two works for consideration but only one will be selected for the exhibition. Artists may choose to sell their work within the exhibition. 90% of the profits will be returned to the artist and the remaining 10% will go towards future alumni exhibitions. Physical works must be smaller than 13”x 13”x 13” and no more than 20 lbs. Video, performance, audio or other non-physical mediums may be of any duration.
- Artist CV (3 page max, including the years you attended NSCAD)
- Fill out the form here.
- 3-5 images of the submitted work or a url to a clip for media arts pieces.
DEADLINE: September 15th, 2017.
Send submission electronically to: email@example.com
For any questions regarding the exhibition or submission process, contact Tori
Fleming, Exhibition Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Participants will receive a confirmation email once their work has been selected along with shipping instructions. All works must be dropped off or shipped to the Anna Leonowens Gallery (5163 Duke St, Halifax, NS B3J 3J6) no later than Monday, November 3rd , 2017. The exhibition will pay for the shipping of the work up to a certain amounts.
The exhibition coordinator has the right to reject submissions if they do not fall within the criteria listed above or the shipping costs exceed our budget.