An array of one-day adult workshops are being offered in conjunction with the Art Gallery of Nova Scotia’s latest exhibition, Terroir: A Nova Scotia Survey. These workshops, conceived and led by artists featured this blockbuster exhibition, are an opportunity to learn directly from emerging and established artists working across the province. From painting to natural dyeing there is something for everyone.
Members, $85.50 (+ HST for all classes)
Non-members, $95 (+ HST for all classes)
Fees include all art materials, unless otherwise indicated. Participants may be asked to bring additional materials.
Purchase workshops online or in person at the Art Gallery of Nova Scotia’s Information Desk (Halifax), or by phone with credit card payment (Visa, Mastercard, Amex, Discover) at (902) 424-5280 during regular Gallery hours. Registration is required. Maximum 15 participants per workshop.
If there is insufficient registration, a workshop will be cancelled with fees refunded two weeks prior to the start of the workshop. There are no refunds two weeks prior to the class. There is a 10% non-refundable registration fee.
- Print Your Memories! With Margarita Fainshtein. Sunday November 13, 2016. 10:00 am – 4:00 pm
- Trompe L’oeil Drawing with Susan Paterson. Sunday November 20, 2016. 10:00 am – 4:00 pm
- Constructing Places of Memory with Janice Leonard. Sunday November 20, 2016. 10:00 am – 4:00 pm
- Painting From the Inside Out with Wayne Boucher. Saturday November 26, 2016. 10:00 am – 4:00 pm
- Block Printing with Natural Dyes and Mordants with Frances Dorsey. Saturday December 3, 2016. 9:30 am – 4:30 pm
Note: Frances Dorsey will be giving a public talk on Thursday December 1, 2016 at 7:00 pm. It is strongly recommended that participants of the Natural Fabric Dyeing workshop attend this talk. The presentation will cover important information that is further developed in the workshop.