James Middleton 5-day plein air painting workshop on the beautiful South Shore of Nova Scotia.
September 12 – September 16 (a few spaces still available)
Plein air painting is unlike any other painting experience. The environment engages the senses to focus on the essence of what’s before you.
The workshop offers a good balance between friendly interchange and education. It will be a relaxed, yet informative experience for all participants.
We will meet each morning at the LaHave Bakery, before going out to paint.
Days will include demonstrations, personal instruction, exercises, encouragement and positive critiques for personal growth.
▪ Various ways to start a painting.
▪ Making quick field sketches to determine compositions.
▪ Making preliminary value sketches to capture a strong design.
▪ Sharpening your powers of observation.
▪ Types of light and value planes.
▪ Understanding cool and warm colours.
▪ Simplifying detail for a more powerful statement.
▪ Understanding edges (soft, hard and lost).
▪ Creating atmospheric perspective and the illusion of distance.
If you are a beginning painter or a studio painter, you are in for a great experience!
James Middleton is a Canadian portrait painter, landscape artist and workshop instructor living on the beautiful south shore of Nova Scotia.
For more information, contact James Middleton by email HERE or call 902-693-2093.
Three Boats, Lunenburg