Welcome to summer everyone!
Read below for some of the great stuff coming to Main & Station, beginning this week with Poetry Night on Tuesday 28 June at 8pm. Come out to the café under the clocktower and join us for some fun with words – come to listen, come to read, come to play. Anyone can participate, anyone can listen. Poems on any subject are welcome – bring your own work or work by someone else that you like, or simply choose something from the poetry shelf onsite. If you need a little inspiration, consider sharing your favourite nonsense verse or a poem for children.
We are delighted that our poetic offerings this summer include wonderful Julia Beebe of Full Bore Mystic, a book launch with Salmon Dreams from everyone’s favourite Conrad Byers, the multi-talented Czandra in performance and as Renga Master with Brendan Hewitt, and THRESHOLDS – a multimedia poetic performance by Oana
Avasilichioaei. http://hmsnonesuch.com/2016/ 06/27/poetry-at-the-po-summer- 2016/
In addition, check out what our next artists’ in residence are up to and don’t miss these talks, walks, and workshops…
- 6 July at 7 pm – an ARTIST’S TALK with Sydney Lancaster
- 6 July at 8 pm – an ARTIST’S TALK with Scott Smallwood
- 13 & 15 July, 7 – 9 pm – GEL TRANSFER PRINTMAKING WORKSHOP led by Sydney Lancaster
- 16 July, 2 – 4 pm – a Geology Shore Walk with Dr. John Waldron
- 11 September 2- 5 pm – A Poetic Lab, Illegible Voices Perform Illegitimate Texts led by Oana Avasilichioaei
- Ongoing: on display in the secondfloor gallery is a selection of from artists working in various disciplines both here and away.
- 20 August at 3 pm: Vernissage/ Opening of the international NONESUCH ART ON PAPER AWARDS EXHIBITION in Parrsboro. The work will remain on exhibit until 10 September 2016.
The exhibition will then travel to Montreal and be on display from 23 September until 7 October, 2016.
QUESTION? SEND US AN EMAIL TO firstname.lastname@example.org