Position Title: Grant and Outreach Coordinator
Terms of employment: Part-time contract position, 20 hours per week, 3-month term with a start date of September 5th, 2016.
The Grant and Outreach Coordinator will primarily oversee the writing and preparation of approximately 6-8 grants, which include operational grant writing and project/programming grant writing, to maintain and increase funding available to carry out the Centre for Art Tapes’ mandate. Further, the Grant and Outreach Coordinator will strive to increase the Centre for Art Tapes’ presence in the community through the development of an active membership drive campaign.
Responsibilities of the Grant and Outreach Coordinator include:
- Writing and preparing grants, reports and RFPs (request for proposals)
- Consulting with the Fund Researcher, determine the appropriate granting and funding opportunities for CFAT to pursue.
- Attending all Programming Committee meetings and supporting the programming committee by securing funding for their diverse projects and initiatives.
- Advising the Programming Committee and Programming Coordinator of upcoming grant and funding opportunities.
- Creating and leading an active membership drive campaign.
- Drafting content pertaining to membership drive campaign for the website, social media accounts and any other promotional material.
- Maintaining existing relationships between CFAT and various granting organizations in consultation with the Board of Directors.
- Representing CFAT to other organizations and the public in conjunction with other staff and the Board of Directors.
- Maintaining an organized, accessible filing system.
- Assisting with the execution of CFAT programming (art events and installations) as required.
- Submitting a monthly progress report to the Board of Directors.
Skills and attributes required:
- The right candidate will be able to learn about, understand and communicate CFAT’s vision and mission.
- Skills important to this role are: excellent communication (written and spoken), grant writing, marketing, networking, conceptual and analytical thinking.
- The ability to work in a fast-paced environment and develop positive relationships.
- The ability to work both collaboratively as a team member as well as independently is very important.
- Be energetic, outgoing, personable, and respectful.
- Familiarity with Macintosh computers, Microsoft Word, Excel, are required.
- Knowledge of arts organizations, media arts (video, audio and electronics) and artist-run centres will be considered an asset.
Conditions, location of work: The Grant and Outreach Coordinator will work at the Centre for Art Tapes, 2238 Maitland Street, as well as off site periodically.
Contact information for submissions:
Please send a detailed resume and cover letter via email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Grant and Outreach Coordinator”.
Closing date: Tuesday, August 2nd, 2016 at 5pm