Job posting For Operations Assistant at the Grace Jollymore Joyce Arts Centre
The Operations Assistant is responsible to ensure the smooth operations of the Arts Centre with a main focus being performances on the main stage and the outdoor Senator Stage. This position works closely with and will be supervised by the Creamery Square Arts Society. Hours of work may include evenings and weekends.
As Operations Assistant you will be required to assist the Technician in the operation of sound and lighting for performances and may be called upon to deal with a wide range of technical issues.
- A working knowledge of techniques, methods and procedures of theatre, dance, and music productions and presentations
- Knowledge of computerized lighting systems
- Assists with set and stage construction and management
- Appropriate safety precautions and procedures
- Operates, maintains and safeguards the technical assets of the theatre, including the use of lighting, sound, communications equipment, and the use and maintenance of stage facilities.
Tasks of the Operations Assistant include:
- Recruiting, training, and assignment of volunteer or paid staff for the centre.
- Greeting visitors, conducting tours, selling/taking tickets, merchandise
- Opening and closing building
- Responsible to ensure the cleanliness of building and restocking supplies
- Ensuring security of building
- Orients facility renters and visiting productions to safety, technical characteristics and other areas of facility operations; facilitates the use of the technical facilities by the resident company and others engaged by or renting the facility.
- Research the attitudes and opinions of the public as relates to the Centre and its offerings.
- Write, edit and produce newsletters, brochures, direct marketing pieces and other printed and electronic material.
- Organize and/or promote events , and ticket sales
- Oversee the archiving of all press clippings, video clips, radio tapes and photo library.
- Maintain and update the website and social media, or work closely with the person who does this.
- Research and solicit sponsorship
- Post-secondary degree or relevant experience that supports arts management with a proficiency in Excel and Word software packages.
- Standard First Aid & CPR certification
- The ability to lead and motivate a team of volunteers by providing a positive work environment is required.
- A strong desire to work with patrons, and have an enthusiasm and sensitivity for handling patron needs and concerns
- Candidates are required to possess excellent communication, interpersonal and problem-solving skills
- You have the ability to work effectively in a team environment but can also work independently as needed. You possess an aptitude for attention to detail.
- A good knowledge of Tatamagouche and surrounding areas.
Position commences mid-May until end of August 2016.
Recognizing that diversity – in our workplace, in our audiences and on our stages – fosters a rich and creative environment; we welcome applicants with disabilities and are committed to accommodating them throughout the hiring process. We encourage all qualified applicants to provide a resume and cover letter in a Word document format.
Send resumes to email@example.com by May 24, 2016. Offering $11.25 per hour.
Summer Student applicants must be currently enrolled in a full time educational institution and must be intending to return to full time studies for the fall season. Candidates selected for the position may be required to submit reports to the funders as part of their employ.
We thank all applicants who apply; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.